Fire at Sanborn’s Marlboro Inn started in basement

Ten different fire companies were called in to battle a blaze at the Marlboro Inn on Ward Road overnight.

A pair of state troopers on patrol noticed smoke coming from the Sanborn restaurant just after midnight.

According to those on the scene, the majority of the fire was in the basement, although it did spread to the first and second floors. The fire was put out in enough time to salvage the bones of the structure.

Ward Road was closed in the vicinity of the fire. A nearby railroad was also shut down so firefighters could put down hoses to the fire.

No one was hurt.